R.G. Alliance (RGA) is a business intelligence firm that partners with our Clients to uncover and support process improvement opportunities, enhance and optimize existing resources, and maximize talent with our fractional support team.
We work to understand our Client’s day-to-day challenges and leverage our expertise to provide strategies and solutions that promote successful growth and performance. We strive to seamlessly integrate with our Client’s teams, allowing leadership to focus on growing the business.
The purpose of this role is provide Client peace of mind through the successful and accurate processing of their ongoing payroll submissions. Responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collecting and maintaining all timesheet data and payroll information • Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs • Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc. • Preparing and processing paychecks and cash deposits • Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions • Preparing and distributing income statements • Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns • Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations • Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes • Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management • Meet strict deadlines to ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely • Update changes to salary, compensation, deductions, bonuses, PTO and benefits • Respond to and resolve payroll queries from employees in a timely manner • Process final paychecks in accordance with CA Final Pay laws • Perform audits and reconciliations • Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma/GED • Degree in accounting, business, or a related field preferred • Experience working in payroll or a similar role • Multi-client experience a plus • Possession of a valid driver’s license, ability to use your own vehicle, proof of automobile insurance, a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Ability to learn new software including payroll software, timekeeping software, expense management software • Demonstrated ability to work without supervision • Working knowledge of payroll best practices and CA payroll laws • Computer literate and technically savvy
Intermediate or Advanced MS Office Suite capabilities • Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices • Experience working with accounting and payroll software • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills • Strong organizational and time management skills • High numerical aptitude • Detail-oriented
• Efficient and effectively run payroll for RG Clients • Successfully investigate and resolve payroll issues • Ensure payrolls are run in strict accordance with company and regulator standards • Successfully be viewed as a trusted and valuable resource by RGA’s Clients • Positively impacting both RGA and Client company cultures
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls (such as a computer); and reach with hands and arms. • The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. • The employee will need to drive to and from office and Client locations as needed